You know how you just feel better after you eat something good for you!
But, you also know how bad you feel after you eat something not so good for you!
So why do we still choose unhealthy food, snacks, or drinks when we know we are not going to feel good and we will be unhappy, feel bad about ourself and just be angry!
- You’re Tired
- You’re Distracted so you just grab anything.
- You’re Stressed.
- You Think you Deserve it.
Heres’ the trick!
- IF YOU ONLY HAVE LIMITED BAD MOOD FOOD MIXED IN WITH REALLY GOOD MOOD FOOD, YOU WILL MAKE GRET CHOICES BECAUSE IT’S LITERALLY ALL YOU HAVE! LIMIT YOURSELF TO ONE SALTY, ONE SWEET SNACK FOOD IN THE HOUSE AND MAKE ALL YOUR OTHER CHOICES GOOD MOOD FOOD!
Knowing that you’re making wise food choices for yourself will first give you the control back and second the consequences, of a healthier and happier you!
HERE ARE 10 Nutritional Superstars for Better Health that will definitely make you HAPPIER! 😊
1. SWEET POTATOES
Loaded with Caroteniods, Potassium, and Fiber.
Cut into wedges or cubes, toss with some olive oil and roast. Sprinkle with salt or pepper.
Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- CAROTENOIDS ARE ANTIOXIDANTS THAT HELP YOU STAY HEALTHY, THEY PROTECT YOU FROM DISEASE AND ENHANCE YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM.
A cup of mango supplies roughly 100% of a day’s Vitamin C, a 1/3 of a day’s vitamin A. Also some potassium which helps reduce blood pressure, so when you’re stressed eat a Mango! Also one has 3 grams of fiber, that’s very good!
- YOU NEED VITAMIN C FOR SO MANY REASON ONE IS IT HELPS WITH YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM. A HEALTHY BODY IS A HAPPY MIND.
3.PLAIN 0% GREEK YOGURT
15 grams of protein, which is twice that of regular yogurt. Add whatever you want to it, berries, chia seed, flax seed, sliced almonds, and yes even granola if it helps it go down, just not a lot!
- YOU NEED PROTEIN TO RUN EVERY CELL IN YOUR BODY. PROTEIN HELPS MAKE HORMONES WHICH CAN MAKE YOU HAPPY.
Loaded up with Vitamin C, Carotenoids, Vitamin K, and Folate.
Steam until bright and tender, Spritz with amino acids, add some of your favorite dressing or sauce, or just add salt and pepper.
- VITAMIN K HELPS HEAL WOUNDS.
5. WILD SALMON
Fatty fish like salmon are rich in omega 3 fats. Many types of wild caught salmon are more sustainable than farmed salmon. Find a way to eat it, grilled, baked or chopped small and added to a salad.
- OMEGA 3 HELPS WITH BRAIN HEALTH, IT CAN HELP REDUCE ANXIETY, AND REDUCE SYMPTOMS OF ADHD.
Quick and easy helps to make this a great whole grain breakfast a good mood food.
1/2 cup dry of plain rolled oats has 4 grams of fiber, half that is soluable fiber kind that helps lower cholesterol. Top your oatmeal with toasted almond slivers, bananas, or diced apple, cinnamon, raisins or diced pear with walnuts and nutmeg.
- WHOLE GRAINS INHERENTLY HAVE FIBER, VITAMINS, AND MINERALS WHICH HELP YOUR SYSTEM DIGEST FOOD ALONG WITH THE NUMEROUS BENEFITS OF THE MINERALS AND VITAMINS. FIBER IS WHAT HELPS YOU “GO”! AND THAT ALWAYS MAKE YOU HAPPY!
7. CHICKPEAS/GARBANZO BEANS
Look for No salt added in the canned form. Can is just easier. Rich in protein, fiber copper, folate, iron, magnesium, potassium, and zinc. Add them to your salad, make hummus, or bake them in the oven.
- CHICKPEAS ARE GREAT FOR VEGANS TOO, THEY HAVE PROTEIN AND IRON ALONG WITH A HOST OF OTHER GOODIES!
- IRON HELPS TO MAKE HEALTHY OXYGEN CARRYING RED BLOOD CELLS, THESE ARE VERY IMPORTANT TO YOUR HEALTH!
2 cups is 1/3 day’s vitamin A and C and a nice shot of potassium, lycopene and only 90 calories.
- LYCOPENE IS AN ANTIOXIDANT THAT PROTECTS YOU FROM THE SUN!
- POTASSIUM IS AN IMPORTANT MINERAL THAT REGULATES FLUID BLANCE, MUSLCE CONTRACTIONS AND NERVE SIGNALS …YOU NEED THIS TO FEEL GOOD!
9. BUTTERNUT SQUASH
High in Vitamin A, C and fiber! Steam sliced squash or buy it peeled, and diced ready to go into the one, a stir fry, or a soup.
- VITAMIN A IS VITAL FOR VISION, REDUCES RISK OF ACNE, AND IT HELPS YOUR ORGANS WORK PROPERLY , HELLO!!! THIS IS A GOOD ONE TO GET!
10. LEAFY GREENS
Kale, Collards, Spinach, Mustard greens, Swiss Chard
Full of Vitamin A,C and K and folate, potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, and fiber.
Saute in a little olive oil with minced garlic.
- FOLATE IS IMPORTANT ESPECIALLY DURING ADOLESCENCE GROWTH. IT CONVERTS CARB0HYDRATES INTO ENERGY, AND YOU NEED IT TO HELP RED AND WHITE BLOOD CELLS WHICH ARE VITAL FOR YOUR BODY.
- FOLATE IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY FOR PREGNANCY.
MAKE GOOD MOOD CHOICES AND YOU WILL FEEL HAPPY!